Please Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the Project Updates page frequently for updates or changes to the instructions.
Account for Every Line on the Page
- Each census image has up to thirty-three record entries. However, an enumerator may not have recorded information on all thirty-three lines. Each record line on an image must be accounted for. If there is no data to index on a line, the record must be marked as blank.
- To mark a record blank:
- In the menu bar, click Edit.
- Select Mark Field or Record.
- Select Mark Record Blank.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+B.
Blank and No Extractable Data Image
- If an image is blank or contains a blank form, press Ctrl+B to mark the document as blank.
- If an image contains information that does not need to be indexed, follow these steps to mark the document as No Extractable Data Image:
- Click Edit on the menu bar.
- Click Mark Document As.
- Select Blank or No Extractable Data.
- Click OK.
- Click Yes on the warning message.