Project Home Page
- One record per image
- Two records per image
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics of this Project
- There are several different types of records in this project and an image may have more than one type. Only index records under the heading, "Schedule 2 Nominal Return of the Deaths." Skip records on other schedules. The records under the heading, "Schedule 1 - Nominal Return of the Living" were indexed last year.
- There are one or two pages on each image. If there is a second page, it is usually below the first page.
- There are up to 20 records per page, and up to 40 per image. You will need to add record lines as needed. See "Number of Records per Image" below.
Description of the Record
- The 1871 Canadian Mortality Census are Schedule 2 - Nominal Return of the Deaths within the last 12 month records.
- The records are handwritten on printed forms.
- The Census is organized by locality.
- Names were recorded with the surname first.