Account for Every Record on the Page:
- The data entry area is set at 50 records per image to match the Census Form. However, some pages may contain more or less than 50 records. All entry lines on the image must be accounted for. Therefore, if there is no data to index on the line, the record must be marked as blank on the same line number that the enumerator left blank.
To mark an entry line as blank
- On the menu bar, click Edit.
- Select Mark Field/Record.
- Select Mark Record Blank.
To add entry lines
- On the menu bar, click Tools, and then click Records per image.
- Type the total number of records on the page, or click the up or down arrow to select the number of records on this image.
- Click OK.
How to use the Ruler
- Highlights are available for this project.
- You may choose to use the ruler. If so, please be aware that the ruler is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To see the ruler, follow these steps:
- On the menu bar, click View.
- Select Show Ruler.