Project Home Page
About This Project
This project contains Catholic Church records from Saskatchewan, Canada. The records are of christenings, marriages, and burials from 1846 through 1934 and were written in English, French, or Latin. Although some records of confirmations are also included in this collection, they will not be indexed.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description of This Project
- This project includes records of christenings, marriages, and burials.
- Records are generally listed chronologically and are organized by parish.
- Most records were handwritten in paragraph style, although some are in register form.
- Records may sometimes start on one image and continue to the following image.
- Each batch has two images.
- Images may show either one or two pages.
- An image may have only one record, but most have more.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- This project will be indexed by volunteers invited and selected by the Saskatchewan Genealogical Society. If you would like to participate, contact the project administrator, Linda Dunsmore-Porter, by e-mail at email@example.com.
- After you have registered and been approved by the project administrator, sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list of partner projects. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.