Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics of This Project
- All records are marriage records.
- Some images will have more than one marriage record
- Up to 10 images per batch.
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The records were handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Some registers have multiple marriages on each image.
- Some registers will be split into two separate images. Click here to see instructions for how to index dual page registers.
- Overlays, normally small handwritten notes, are attached to many records. Click here to see instructions for how to index the overlays.
There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How To Help With This Project:
If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.