Project Home Page
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics of This Project
- Two types of forms to be indexed
- Up to 50 records per image
- Up to four images per batch, but usually only one
Description of Records
- The Canada 1861 Census is handwritten on typed forms.
- The Personal Census usually contains 50 records per image.
- We are working in partnership with Guelph University to enhance the index of the Canada 1861 Census. Data indexed from an earlier project will be brought into this project. Therefore, when you download batches you may already have data in a number of fields.
- You will index additional fields that have been added to the project and verify the previously indexed information.
How to Help with This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register, click here.
- After you register, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list.