Project-Specific Indexing Instructions
For this project, you will index information relating to birth, marriage and death records. Click on the links to see an example of a birth record, marriage record, or death record. Each batch contains 3 images.
An Image with No Extractable Data:
- If an image contains no records to index, mark the image as No Extractable Data. To do this:
- On the Header Data tab, click the down arrow in the box labeled Image Type.
- Select No Extractable Data.
- Click Yes.
- Finish indexing the records from the other images, and then submit the batch.
Number of Records per Image:
- Batches generally contain three images. The data entry area is set at one record per image; however, this project will contain more than one record per image. You will need to adjust the number of lines to match the number of records on your image. To do this:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- In the box next to Number of records, type the desired number.
- Click OK.
- Upon completion of each image, a message will appear asking how many records you want to add to this image. Click OK to add 0 records.
Indexing the First Record of a Batch:
- When the first image of a batch begins with a partial record, start indexing at the first complete record.