Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes baptism, marriage, and death records of parishes in the diocese of Florianópolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register, and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Description and Characteristics
- These church records include three types of records: baptism, marriages and death.
- The records were handwritten in paragraph format and may be difficult to read.
- Each batch contains up to five images.
- Each image may include several records.
- Records may continue from one image to the next.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.