Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project has just one type of immigration form.
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted cards.
- Information will be indexed from the front of each immigration card. The back of the card contains no information to be indexed in this project and should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image.
- Each record usually includes the front and back of a card, but information is only indexed from the front.
- Each batch usually includes up to 30 images.
Access to This Collection
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.