Brasil, Rio de Janeiro—Registros Civis de Nascimentos e Óbitos, 1889–1935
Read the Instructions
- Please read these project instructions carefully before indexing any batches.
- Review this page and the field helps frequently for updates to these instructions.
- Click here for a summary of project updates.
Number of Records per Image
- The data entry area is set at one record per image. You will usually need to add records in the data entry area to match the number of records on the image. To add records:
- In the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- Click in the Number of records box, and type the number of records on the image.
- Click OK.
- Type the complete name in the Name field, including both the given name and surnames.
- Type the given name and surnames in the same order as they were written on the record.
- If a name was not recorded or was written as a variation of the word "unknown," such as in the case of a stillborn child or a child who died before being given a name, skip the entry, and index the next name that was recorded on the index.
Highlights and the Ruler
- Highlights are not available. You may use the ruler instead to follow a record across a page.
- If you choose to use the ruler, please be aware that the ruler is not anchored to the indexing screen and does not automatically move as you move to a new entry. To see the ruler:
- In the menu bar, click View.
- Select Show Ruler.