Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a collection of civil registrations from Lommel, Limburg, Belgium. The civil registrations are digital copies of the original records. For this project, you will index only the record type, record number, and registration year. This index will be linked to an index that the Lommel Society has already created.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes three record types (birth, marriage, death).
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Each batch includes about 30 images.
- Some images show a single page, and some images show two pages.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects), or press F1 when using the indexing program
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Getting help—These instructions address the most common situations you will encounter as you index this project. If you have additional questions that are not answered here, contact Jean Huysmans, the project administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.