Project Home Page
Cliquez ici pour lire en Français.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project only includes birth records.
- Most of the records are in French.
- The records were usually handwritten, sometimes in paragraphs and sometimes on preprinted forms.
- While forms generally follow the same format for a given time period, they do not always have spaces defined for each indexing field, so the records will need to be read carefully.
- Most records begin with the date of the record.
- Each batch usually contains five images, with up to 4 records per image.
- Records may span two images.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Authenticated users will have free access to view the images from the FamilySearch Record Search pilot site. Authenticated users include active indexers, members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and patrons at any of the Church's family history centers.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.