Project-Specific Indexing Instructions
Language for Field Names:
- The indexing field names and the field helps in the bottom right corner of the indexing screen are available in French. To change to French:
- At the top of the indexing screen, click Tools.
- Select Options.
- Select Language.
- Click the drop-down arrows in the boxes titled Language for Field Names and Language for Field Help, and select Same as Document.
- Click OK.
- Close the data entry screen and reopen the batch for the change to take effect.
- If the name of a person or a locality you are typing is written with an international character such as the è in mère, please insert the international letter by doing the following:
- On the menu bar, click Edit.
- Click International Letters.
- Select the letter you want to insert by clicking on it.
- Click the International Letters icon on the toolbar above the data entry area and select the letter you want to insert.
Number of Records per Image:
- The data entry area is set at 1 records per image; however, the number in this project will vary with up to 12 records per image. You will need to adjust the number of lines to match the number of records on your image. To do this:
- On the menu bar, click Tools.
- Click Records per Image.
- In the box next to Number of records, type the desired number.
- Click OK.
- Upon completion of the last record on an image, a message will appear asking if you want to add one or more records to this image. When there are no more records to be indexed:
- Insure that "0" (zero) is in the Number of records box.
- Click OK.
- Fully index separate images such as those that say "Extract uit het register der adten van overlijden" or Uittreksel van het register der overlijdensakten" at the top of the document.
- Do not mark these as duplicate images.
- Enter as much information as possible into the data entry fields. Index only the correct information from these supplemental or correction documents.
- For fields that do not have any information to be indexed, press Ctrl+B to mark <Required> fields as blank, or press Tab to skip fields that are not required.
- Click on the following link to see an example: Extract Page
Indexing the First Record of a Batch: Example
- When the first image of a batch begins with a partial record, start indexing at the first complete record.
Indexing the Last Record of a Batch: Example
- When the last record on the image is not complete:
- Be connected to the Internet and be working online.
- Click on View.
- Click on Show Previous/Next Image.
- Click the Next Image button that appears.
- Index the record while viewing both images concurrently.
Help with Dutch: