Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains images of census returns from 1891 for New South Wales, Australia. Original records are located in the Mitchell Library, Sydney, Australia.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Sample Images to Be Indexed
Sample Images NOT to Be Indexed
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- Records were handwritten on preprinted forms.
- All census returns follow the same format.
- Batches will include a single image.
- Captured images show up to two pages with 24 lines per page.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.