Project Home Page
About This Project
- A census is a count and description of the population. Census records can provide information about family relationships, age, year of birth, description of property, religion, and place of birth. This project is an index of individuals enumerated in the 1841 New South Wales census.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The census was handwritten on printed forms.
- Each batch contains 15 images, and each image shows one census form.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.