Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
- Although this project contains many intermediate-level records, it also contains many records that are at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- The project includes cemetery registers, cemetery index cards, obituaries, death records, and other vital records.
- Most records are cemetery cards.
- The batch size varies, depending on the type of record, from one image per batch for cemetery registers and 20 images for index cards.
- Each image contains up to 60 records.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.