Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project mostly includes cemetery index cards. The information on these cards was gathered from headstones and church registers.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
- Although this project contains many intermediate-level records, it also contains many records that are at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- This project contains a series of index cards created with the information on headstones and church registers.
- Each card generally includes the name of the cemetery, the name of the individual, the date of death, and the age at death. They often include other details, such as parents' names, spouse's names, birth details, burial date, or other details found on the headstones.
- Most images contain only one card, though some may have up to four cards.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.