Saving the records of our past.
Records Are Important
Every person matters. Perhaps it is this feeling that prompts millions to seek out their family history. For most, records of their ancestors provide key links to their past. An army of volunteers from around the world is now helping to save and make these records available. Using our online system, they are able to easily extract data from valuable records and provide free searchable indexes—all from the convenience of their homes.
Indexing Is Simple
You can help. No special skills or fixed time commitments are required. Volunteer when you can. Just register, sign in, and follow a simple process:
- Select a “batch” of records to download to your computer.
- Enter the requested information (names, dates, events, etc.) in the corresponding spaces.
- Submit your completed index to the online system.
Worldwide Indexing Projects
- U.S., 1920 Federal Census
- U.S., Indiana Marriages
- U.K., Cheshire Parish Records
- Canada, British Columbia Marriages
- Mexico, 1930 Federal Census
- See more
- U.S., 1900 Federal Census
- U.S., Texas Deaths
- U.S., Ohio Deaths
- Ireland, Civil Registrations
- Argentina, 1895 Federal Census
- And more
- England, Bristol, Parish Registers
- England, Essex, Parish Registers
- U.S., 1910 Federal Census
- U.S., New York Marriages
- U.S., Tennessee County Marriages
- And more