Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes the following types of records:
- Main census page—Index this page. Only the main census page will be indexed in this project.
- Parents’ birthplaces—Do not index this page. Mark this page as a No Extractable Data Image in the Image Type field.
- Military service and occupations of the individuals who were recorded in the census—Do not index this page. Mark this page as a No Extractable Data Image in the Image Type field.
- The records are digital copies of the originals.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Sample Images to be Indexed
Sample Images NOT to be Indexed
Characteristics and Description
- This census was handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Census pages can contain up to 30 records.
- Only the main census page will be indexed in this project.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.