Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a joint venture between the Indiana Genealogical Society and FamilySearch to create a statewide index of marriage records from the counties of Indiana.
Skill Level: Advanced
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics and Description
- These marriage records were usually handwritten on typed forms.
- This project has five styles of records.
- For document styles 1 and 4, each batch contains four images.
- For document styles 1, 3, and 5, each batch contains one image.
- Each style does not contain all the indexing fields.
- Information for records may extend across multiple images.
- Index only the fields that correspond to current image, and press Tab to skip the remaining fields.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.