Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains birth records from Chicago, 1923–1924, and from the rest of Cook County, 1923–38.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Sample Images of Birth Certificates (Updated 21 Apr 2014)
Sample Images of Other Birth Records (Updated 21 Apr 2014)
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- This project contains birth certificates as well as various supplemental records to those birth certificates.
- Records were handwritten or typed on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains up to eight images.
- Each image contains a single record.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.