Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is being done in partnership with the Central Arkansas Genealogical and Historical Society.
- The project will provide an index of documents associated with the Oakland and Fraternal Historic Cemetery Park located in Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas. The cemetery was established in 1862 with the purchase of 160-acre estate for Civil War dead.
- The project will be done in four parts:
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register and install the program, locate the FamilySearch indexing icon on your desktop, double-click the icon to open the program, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Sample Images for Part 4
Characteristics and Description
- These documents are interments and purchases of burial plots.
- The records are handwritten or typed on index cards.
- There are up to five images per batch.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.