Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes population schedules listing inhabitants of the United States in 1900.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- Census information was handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains one image of up to 50 names.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.