Project Home Page
- There are three types of records in this project.
- Christening (includes baptisms and births)
- Marriage (includes banns of marriages)
- Burial (includes deaths)
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for experienced volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
Characteristics of This Project
- One to two images per batch
- Two to 16 records per image
- No highlights
Description of the Records
- The Yorkshire parish registers have been either handwritten or typed.
- Each image contains either one or two pages.
- Each type of record will have different fields to index.
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
Register as a FamilySearch Indexing Volunteer
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and, download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click on Get Started and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page and sign in to the indexing program with your user name and password, Then, click the Download Batch... button, and select this project name from the list. You may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window to see the project name on the list.