Project Home Page
About This Project
This project is a test to determine what records should be indexed in the UK WWI Service Records Collection. As an indexer, you will go through the batch, look at an image and determine what record type the image is. Once you determine the record type, go on to the next image. To determine the record type, look closely at the title of the form. No indexing will be done in this test. This test is designed to help us index only the certain record types that we have focused on.
The following are the record types that we want you as an indexer to indentify:
- Form of Application and Enrolment for a Candidate for Admission = Enrolment Form
- Women's Army Auxiliary Corps Form of Application = Enrolment Form
- Form of Enrolment in the Women's Army Auxiliary Corps = Enrolment Form
- Enrolment Form Women's Legion = Enrolment Form
- Casualty Form—Active Service = Casualty record type
- Medical Certificate = Medical record type
- Medical History = Medical record type
- Medical Board Report on a Disabled Officer = Medical record type
- Letters, Telegrams, Tidbits, Title boards, Targets = Other record type
Look at the image and examine the title of the form. Try to train your eyes to look for the following words in the title of the form; Enrolment, Casaulty, and Medical. All other documents will be marked with a record type of Other.