Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains parish registers from the Isle of Man. Records span between 1598 and 1850.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Sample Images Not to Be Indexed
Sample Images to Be Indexed
How to Index Different Record Types
Characteristics and Description
- Each batch contains a single image.
- Images usually contain around 10 records, but may contain many more.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.