Project Home Page
What do the records look like?
- The South Africa, Cape Province Dutch Reformed Church Records 1660-1970 are handwritten and typed on a single form.
- Each batch consists of five images.
- The records are in Afrikaans, Dutch and English.
- There are three types of records in this project:
Read project-specific indexing instructions.
View general indexing instructions.
See brief field-by-field helps.
How to get Help:
- These training materials describe the most common situations you will encounter as you index the South Africa, Cape Province Dutch Reformed Church records. However, new issues may surface, and you may have questions that are not answered here. Current updates are available on the Project Revisions Page. If your questions are not answered there, contact your group administrator, stake extraction director, or Indexing Support.
Handwriting Helps: Because these records are typed and handwritten, it may be helpful to view the link below for help in deciphering challenging words.