Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project covers marriage records created by the Nederduitsch Hervormde Kerk van Afrika from Pretoria, South Africa. The records are primarily in Afrikaans. Though some of the preprinted forms may have English subtitles, the filled out information is usually in Afrikaans.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- The project contains different types of marriage records.
- Records were usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Batches contain up to 15 images each.
- Each image contains just one marriage certificate.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.