Project Home Page
Skill Level: Intermediate
This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and have a high-speed Internet connection. Typical characteristics of these projects include:
- Multiple forms within a batch
- Preprinted forms, but some images may have non-extractable data or amendments
- Highlights may or may not be provided, but still easy to follow
Characteristics of This Project
- Twenty images per batch
- Pre-Indexing project
- The purpose of this project is to identify which schedule types are found on each image.
- Individual name records will not be indexed at this time.
Description of the Records
- The 1865 New York State Census records are handwritten on forms.
- Each image will contain one or more schedule types (i.e. forms).
- There are no restrictions associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
How To Help With This Project:
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To do this, click here.
- To help with this specific project, sign in to the indexing application, click the Download From... button, and select this project name from the list.