Project Home Page
Clicca qui per l'italiano.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes birth records.
- Records are generally listed chronologically by year.
- Batches include up to 10 images, usually with more than one record per image.
- Records were handwritten in paragraph style, often on preprinted forms.
- Since information on each record is not always in the same order, you will need to read each record carefully to find the information for the various indexing fields.
- Records will sometimes start on one image and continue to the following image.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.