Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project is being done in partnership with the municipal archives of Minden, Germany (Kommunalarchiv Minden), in cooperation with the historical society of Minden (Mindener Geschichtsverein).
- The administrator and contact person for this project is Vinzenz Lübben. Send an email email@example.com for more information on how to help with the project.
- This project contains birth, marriage, and death records from the city of Minden, in the Westphalia region of Germany. The records in this project are from the period 1774–1873.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register and install the program, locate the FamilySearch indexing icon on your desktop, double-click the icon to open the program, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name on the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and are comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project contains birth, marriage, and death records in various kinds of documents.
- Each batch contains up to three images.
- Most images generally contain three or four records, although some images have as many as 15.
- These records were handwritten, and some are difficult to read.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online when the collection is published.