Project Home Page
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer to help with this project. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program using your username and password. Then, click the Download Batch button, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features. It is also helpful if volunteers understand the various documents that relate to marriages.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are marriage records.
- The records were usually handwritten on preprinted forms.
- Each batch contains 15 images.
- Each image contains a single marriage record.
- Overlays, normally small handwritten notes, are attached to many records. To see instructions on how to index the overlays, click here.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- The general public can freely access the completed index online when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.