Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project includes mostly cemetery transcription records. The information on these records was gathered from headstones and church registers.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Sample Images to Be Indexed
Sample Images Not to Be Indexed
Characteristics and Description
- This project contains a series of cemetery transcription records created with the information on headstones and church registers. These records are usually typewritten on index cards, but may also be typewritten on pages or in registers.
- Each transcription generally includes the full name of the individual, date of birth, date of death, and the age at death. They often include other details, such as parents' names, spouse's names, birth details, burial date, cemetery names, or other details found on the headstones.
- Each batch of index cards contains 15 images. Batches of registers or transcript pages contain a single image.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.