Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains prisoner record books from Tasmania, Australia.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Characteristics and Description
- This project includes varying forms for registers, indexes, transportation, and infirmary admittance records.
- Details found on the records will vary by form.
- Many images will include multiple records.
- Batches of transportation records will contain 15 images. Batches of all other records will contain a single image.
- The general public can freely access the completed index and links to digital images online once the collection is published.