Project Home Page
About This Project
- This project contains packets of inquest files regarding the causes of death of individuals in Tasmania, Australia. The original records are housed in the Tasmanian Archives and Heritage Office.
How to Help with This Project
- If you have not already done so, you must register as an indexing volunteer. To register and to download and install the indexing program, click here for the indexing home page. Click Get Started, and follow the instructions on the page.
- After you register, click the Begin Indexing link on the indexing home page, and sign in to the indexing program with your username and password. Then click Download Batch, and select this project name from the list. To see the project name on the list, you may need to select Show all projects at the top of the Download Batch window.
Sample Images to Index
Sample Images NOT to Index
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Characteristics and Description
- The records in this project contain packets of handwritten notes and papers regarding deaths.
- Only the cover pages will be indexed in this project.
- Each batch contains up to five images.
- The default number of records in the data entry area is five, but cover pages may have fewer than five or more than five records to be indexed.
- The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.